Welcome to the ohio ASSOCIation for BehAVIOR ANALYSIS
Title: The Ohio Association for Behavior Analysis Behavior Change for a Sustainable World Research Award
Purpose: To support research using behavior analysis concepts and principles to promote sustainable practices/environmentally friendly behavior change.
Amount: $1,000 for 1-year max research study
· Applicant must be an OHABA member.
· The research proposal must describe an applied research project directly related to enhancing environmentally sustainable practices.
· The proposal should correspond to the guidelines suggested by Baer, Wolf, & Risley (1968, 1987).
· The researcher must commit to present results at a future OHABA conference and (should results warrant) submit an article for publication based on the study.
Application: 3-page maximum that includes the following:
· A title
· An abstract (500 words or fewer) outlining the research project.
· An introduction indicating the importance of the study, cited supporting literature, and the research question.
· A method section indicating the design (e.g., reversal, multiple baseline, etc.), the number of proposed participants, from where the participants will be recruited, the general timeline of the research, and an overview of the procedures that will be used. Exacting details are not required, but the reviewer should be able to determine the feasibility of the study from the information provided.
· A proposed budget
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Selection of Award: The OHABA grant committee will review all applications and notify the awardee no later than June 1st, 2019.
Suggested readings/resources: Potential applicants may find ideas and inspiration from the following:
Baer, D.M., Wolf, M.M., & Risley, T.R. (1968). Some current dimensions of applied behavior analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 1, 91-97.
Baer, D.M., Wolf, M.M., & Risley, T.R. (1987). Some still-current dimensions of applied behavior analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 20, 313-328.